What is Surepay?
SurePay is a payment gateway that allows website owners and businesses to receive payments on their website from Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa (ATM) cardholders. Before the advent of SurePay, website owners who wanted to accept payments on their websites from ATM cardholders had to integrate separately to Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa.
“The ease and cost of these separate integrations is “high for the average small business that wants to sell online.”
SurePay was developed to reduce the complexity and cost of receiving payments online in Nigeria. SurePay unifies all the payment platforms i.e. Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa so that you don’t have to integrate them separately.
With SurePay integrated to your website you can accept payments from all Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa Card holders. (See ten reasons to choose SurePay)
BUYER: This is any Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa ATM card holder that visits a SurePay Integrated Website (SIW). The cardholder can pay with his/her ATM card for services provided on any website with the SurePay logo. Read more
BUSINESS: This category of users is any organization or business that wishes to collect payments or donations via InterSwitch, MasterCard, Etranzact and Visa ATM Cards on its website. The business is required to have a website where customers can come to view their products or learn about their services so that they can pay for them. To integrate SurePay, the business must meet certain requirements. Click here to find out more.
How SurePay Works
- The ATM cardholder (buyer) visits a SurePay Integrated Website (SIW).
- He adds a product to his shopping cart by clicking on the Add to Cart/Pay Now/Buy Now/Donate/E-cheque button attached to that product or service.
- He is directed to the SurePay Gateway where he can see the summary of the product in his Shopping Cart and select which of the Card Processor (Interswitch, Etranzact, MasterCard and Visa) he wants to use to pay for the product.
- Depending on the card selected for payment he is directed to the appropriate Card Processor.
It should be noted that neither SurePay nor the merchant website stores the buyer’s card details or PIN Code. The buyer is interacting directly with the Card Processors (Interswitch, etranzact, MasterCard and Visa) when he/she is keying in his card details.
- Card Processor removes the money from cardholders account and transfers it to the SurePay account
- The business can then transfer the money from their Surepay account directly to their local bank account.